An Immigration Practice Dedicated to You
Antone, Casagrande & Adwers, P.C.
About Us

Michigan Immigration Attorneys

The prospect of changing the country you call home can be both frightening and exciting, especially if one plans to start employment in a new country or if you plan to join family members. Unfortunately, this kind of endeavor can also be very complicated, as the United States enforces very strict restrictions on who is allowed to immigrate here and what procedures they must follow to do so legally.

The first step in any immigration process is to determine eligibility.  Although there are specific categories for permanent residency for employment and family-based immigration, there are also categories for specific victims, refugees and asylees.

Whether you are seeking a temporary work visa, a more permanent immigration status, or United States citizenship, our Michigan immigration lawyers are available to assist. Guidance from a seasoned attorney could not only help ensure you comply with all applicable rules and regulations, but also maximize your chances of success with your application.

Learn More

Practice Areas


About Our Firm

Our immigration law firm has been awarded an AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, which is
the highest possible rating to be given to a law firm for both competency and adherence to ethical standards. Our attorneys have substantial experience in all aspects of United States immigration law The firm’s principal,
N. Peter Antone, is a former Adjunct Professor of Immigration and Nationality Law at Michigan State University School of Law and has repeatedly been designated as a Super Lawyer and as a Top Lawyer by DBusiness Magazine He has also been recognized as a member of the “Who’s Who Legal Corporate Immigration”, a publication by the Law Business Research Ltd.

Our website provides general information about U.S. immigration law, but that does not constitute legal advice. For specific cases legal counsel should be consulted.

Read More

Our Blog

Aggravated Felons May Not Really...
Congress decided in 1996 to label non-citizens who commit certain offences “aggravated felons”. The offenses...
Varian Fry
While reading the book “And the Show Went On,” by Alan Riding, which details cultural...
CBP Consideration of National Interest...
Our office has recently received confirmation from a number of U.S. Customs and Border Protection...
Deferred Action Announced for Dreamers
On June 15, 2012, the Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano announced in a...
DOMA Unconstitutional Per US Supreme...
U.S. Supreme Court Decision to Rule DOMA as Unconstitutional Will Help Bi-national Same-Sex Couples in...
Recent announcements by DHS regarding...
Parole in Place for Spouses, Children, and Parents of Veterans and Military Members New Policy...
On March 15, 2017, the U.S. District Court for the District of Hawaii issued a...
Invisible Wall
The term “invisible wall” is a well-known term among immigration attorneys. While the current administration...
Temporary Protected Status
On October 3, 2018, Federal Judge Edward M. Chen presiding over the United States District...
View All


I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your help with my case. It had been an exciting journey since 2013 when we first started working with Antone, Casagrande & Adwers Law Office on my J-visa waiver. I am grateful to you and to all your colleagues who assisted in the whole process until becoming a US citizen. Please pass my sincere thanks to Peter Antone.


I would like to thank you very much for your time and support during my visa adjustment process and for helping me to obtain the desired outcome. I am also very thankful for your help in preparing me for the visa interview which made the approval of my visa adjustment very successful. Your help and work made a big difference in my life and I really appreciate all your efforts as well as your partners and support staff throughout the entire process. Thank you once again for everything and God richly bless you all.

Regina S.

I wanted to let you know of my appreciation for the efforts you made on behalf of [our organization], and of our team member, David. At times the path to our successful outcome must have seemed tortuous and I can only imagine what David went through on his end. But your consistent and thorough approach helped all of us stay focused. Please share my thanks and congratulations with your team for bringing this to successful fruition.

C. B., General Manager

My green card petition was approved. The person who interviewed us told us to tell you that you did a great job with the paperwork. It was very easy for him to follow.


It’s almost a month since we spoke with you on the phone as we searched for an Immigration Attorney. We live in Ohio. We just had to write and tell you how very impressed we were with you…You are truly one in a million – trust us, when we say this, we interviewed at least 20 immigration lawyers, so we had to write you to tell you how deeply we appreciate you. You were able to communicate integrity and a genuine spirit to us. You have a peaceful quiet spirit, that makes it easy for clients to communicate with you. You really listen and clients can easily place their trust in you.

Anoma D.

Seeking Legal Permanent Residency or Citizenship

Lawful permanent resident status, commonly known as having a “green card,” allows a foreign national to permanently live and work legally in the United States. Foreign nationals sponsored by family members or employers, who are otherwise eligible, are generally granted lawful permanent resident status as part of the immigration process. Depending upon the category, the sponsoring relative or company will file a petition with USCIS to classify the sponsored individual in the appropriate category.  Once approved, the foreign national can apply to adjust status in the United States to a lawful permanent resident or process for an immigrant visa (permanent status) at a Consulate or Embassy abroad.  Under certain situations, foreign nationals currently living in the United States may be eligible to apply for permanent status while remaining in the United States.

Once a foreign national has maintained lawful permanent resident status for the requisite period of time, the individual may be eligible to become a naturalized citizen.  The requisite period of time will depend upon the person’s status. Assistance from a dedicated immigration lawyer in Michigan could be critical to success in this process or with any other change of immigration status.

Applying for the Right Type of Visa

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has established many different visa categories for various types of foreign travelers, ranging from temporary visas meant for students, seasonal workers, and temporary workers to long-term visas that allow for permanent immigration to the United States.

In order to acquire lawful permanent resident status (LPR), though, an applicant generally must be sponsored by either a qualifying family member or a United States employer, although in limited circumstances, some individuals may apply independently.

Employment-based visas are granted in priority order based on the preference category and the foreign worker’s nationality. A Michigan immigration attorney could offer guidance to both potential immigrants and potential sponsors about the availability of employment visas in their unique circumstances.

Speak with a Michigan Immigration Attorney Today

While immigrants may be central to America’s national identity, the process of actually immigrating here is far from simple. You may have to jump through a lot of hoops and work for months or even years to get your green card and subsequently pursue citizenship.

Fortunately, a Michigan immigration lawyer could stand by your side every step of the way, helping to preserve your future prospects and those of your family as well. Get in touch today to set up a consultation.


Get in Touch

31555 W 14 Mile Rd,
Suite 100,
Farmington Hills, MI 48334

Tel.       (248) 406-4100
Fax.      (248) 406-4101

Reach out for a Consultation